On July 4th, 2019, members of the Orne family, including Frank Orne, Stephen Orne, Ted Peach and Standley Goodwin, gave Jonathan Orne’s original Revolutionary War cartridge box, dating to 1776, to the Marblehead Historical Commission. Bryan Ruocco and his son Andrew also gave the Commission a replica of the original cartridge box that they created. Presentation of the boxes was made on July 4th, 2019 at historic Ft. Sewall, with members of Marblehead’s Glover’s Regiment in attendance. Click on the link to see a video of the presentation.
Abbot Hall is open. For opening times, see Visit Abbot Hall. The Selectmen's Room and Maritime Museum are open to visitors. The Gift Shop is open seasonally from just after Memorial Day to mid-October, and again in early December.
The Marblehead Historical Commission offices are closed to visitors at this time. Inquiries to the Marblehead Historical Commission should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated May 25, 2022